Thursday 15 November 2012

Oh hello ombre...


I went back to ombre :)

There isn't too much to say on this matter, but I'll try!

A few years back now I went to the hairdressers with a Lily Aldridge image in my hand and demanded some ombre action. To say the least, like all experiences I have had with hairdressers, they went for the safe option. It wasn't hugely EVERYWHERE like it is now...mainly just the celebs and so
I ended up with a few highlights starting half way down my head a slight shade up from my own hair colour.
For £70 I wasn't a happy bunny AND true to my awkward self I did't speak up and demand they did it right.

So after that I decided to DIY it up, and it was a success :) This year I dyed my hair dark brown, and with a lack of style I just felt it made my hair a bit blah. So I decided to DIY ombre once again and this is the result.

To do this if you're interested its SO simple. All you need is one hair dye and some foil. This time around I went for Live Color XXL colour intense in Absolute Platinum by Schwarzkopf. (Generally speaking though just find an icy/ashey blonde in the lightest shade possible)
DO NOT FEAR...If you have brown hair it isn't going to come up as drastic as it says on the bottle. I find the lighter the blonde, the more likely it is going to be able to lift the hair colour. As most brunette hair is quite warm toned, and when bleached turns orange, choosing an icey/ashey blonde will help to combat this and correct the tone.

First thing u do is part all of your hair at the back and bring it to the front. Then with your hair dye you literally just put it on to the very ends of your hair. This is the part you want to be lightest so eyeball it to how far you want the lightest shade of your hair to come up to. My hair is long so I probably covered around 5-6 inches.
Cover it in foil (you'll end up with two foil pigtails!) and leave 15 minutes.

After that, take off the foil, keeping your hair in the two segments, add the rest of the hair dye to where you want the gradient to start. I applied mine to about...mouth/nose level. It really depends how big you want your 'roots' to be.
Wrap it up again in foil and leave for another 15-20 minutes.

My hair was medium to dark brown so if you're hair is lighter you probably don't need it on for as long...
The best thing is you can just unwrap the foil at any point and have a good old nose at how it's progressing and if you've achieved the desired shade, wash it off :)

DONE MY FRIEND.

I do advise buying a purple shampoo as it really does help to knock out the last of any brassy/canary yellow tones.

Ombre hair suits..EVERYONE. That is the best thing about it. I've always wished to have blonde hair...and trust me I have tried and failed. it does NOT suit me. Why I love ombre hair so much is I can get my blonde hair as the base colour/ roots still are a flattering colour to my skin tone where my hair hits my face.



 Left Image: My hair before ombre this time around.
Right Image:  Ombre hair from first time around. (medium - light brown start off point)


No comments:

Post a Comment