Tuesday 18 September 2012

Megan Fox 'inspired' look.


I love Megan Fox's makeup in this image..the bronzed smokey eye look...which isn't too dramatic..it just kind of creates an intensity in her eyes. Now as we all know any attempt of this makeup still won't make you look like Megan Fox, so after I got over THAT dream, I decided to have a go with what I had. 


Now either my photography skills have failed me, or my perception skills have as its all looking rather too natural. HOWEVER this does just prove how much photography can bleach out a look...so if you want something to look a certain way in pictures..I'd personally go a little more intense than you think.
Definitely need fuller lashes to create the look...falsies needed for me as I have little stumps for eyelashes.
I do think the skin has worked out well..I am pale (unlike good old Megan) so I've had to go with what my mamma gave me, and alter the look for me.





Here are the products I used - just in case you'd like to recreate a look with a SLIGHT resemblance to what it's supposed to be.

1. Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation in 53 Light Beige. I use a bad dupe of Macs 187 however it works   great for applying this foundation and creating a flawless application.

2. Rimmel Clear Complexion clarifying powder. I have oily skin so I place this on my tzone, chin and a little bit on the insides of my cheeks by my nose. 

3. Bourjois bronzing powder in 51? For this look I placed this on my temples, cheeks and jawline to try and produce a warm, contoured bronzed look.

4. Maybelline Dream Touch blush in 02 (a light peachy shimmery colour)  I used this on my cheekbones as a highlighter but to also add a hint of colour.

 5.Rimmel London professional eyebrow pencil  in 001 Dark Brown. I tried to shape my eyebrows a bit more like hers, however at the end of the day you have to work with what you've got! I dislike overly drawn on / fake looking brows.

6. Naked Palette, Urban Decay - eyeshadows used were 'smog' (lid and lower lash line), 'darkhorse' (outerlid and crease) and 'virgin' for the inner corner.

7. Bourjois eyeliner pencil in 01 Noir Expert. I used this on my inner and lower lashline and smudged it out to create a softer look. I also put it on my top lashline on the outer half of my eyes. 

8. MaxFactor Masterpiece Max mascara in Black. On top and bottom lashes, and quite alot to try and achieve fuller thick lashes. 

9. Mac lipstick in Myth as a base. I find this IS pale, and doesn't work if you just swipe it all over like a normal lipstick. The best way I've found is to dab it on until you achieve the right amount of coverage. 

10. Rimmel London Lasting finish by Kate (2nd lot) in 26. I find by itself its a bit orangey for a nude lipstick, so mixed with Mac's Myth it cools down a bit and works well. Myth is a matt lipstick whilst Rimmel's is quite moisturising. You can see in the Megan pic her lips our quite glossy. I personally can't stand gloss so a moisturising lipstick is the best I have to create the look.

Well that's it all, and that was my attempt/ interpretation... hope you like :)



No comments:

Post a Comment