Tuesday 18 December 2012

OOTD Oh how graphic...

HELLO one n all :)

An outfit of the day today, as new clothing...brings you new posts :) 
For the first time yesterday I ventured out christmas shopping. Yes, I left it last minute. Yes, I soon regretted this decision. HOWEVER...through all the chaos...I did pick up something for myself...sssshhh..




MONOCHROME GRAPHIC PRINT TROUSERS.obviously. 



I do have one minor complaint to H&M (where else would I have gone..) These trousers are TIGHT...and waaaay too small for the size on the label. I had purchased these about a month back in my usual size - well - the larger of the two sizes I usually am for trousers (you know how stores fluctuate!) and they were RIDONKULOUSLY tight. too small. I took them back. Plus at the time I was rather low on money and took it as a sign that maybe I was not supposed to be spending my money on clothes. 
SKIP forward to yesterday and there they were for £5 in the H&M sale. I took it as another sign that I clearly, afterall, was supposed to have these in my life. 

Now what disappointed me most, was myself. I knew naturally I had to get the next size up, but I almost contemplated not getting them, because of the teeny tiny label on the inside of the trousers. WHY NIA YOU IDIOT. Soooo silly. I had watched programs before about clothing stores beginning to make their clothes a size larger than what the label says, so, that when women try it on, they jump for joy they've got into that size smaller than usual with ease, and purchase it for the sake of the label. 
When watching this, I thought what a load of crap. Do we really care that much? Its absurd. No one sees the label so why on EARTH does it matter what size. 
However, yesterday afternoon, at approximately 2.25PM there was that mini me inside that was like "If you buy this size. That means you've gotten bigger Nia, and you've accepted it" 
I am ashamed for two main reasons. One. I am lucky, I am naturally the size I am happy with, and would want to be. So me thinking, even for a second that buying these trousers means I'm larger or whatever is just pisstosh. Secondly. Why should any of us care... everyone knows it's better to just buy the right size and for it to fit correctly, then to try and squeeze in the size smaller, letting ourselves overflow, and in turn, look larger than if we just bought the right size. 

I spoke to my friend about this all, and she added how one of the reasons she likes River Island is because in there she is a size smaller in jeans. LADIES this is ridonk. Lets not care about the little tiny number! As I wear these trousers in front of you today I make a stand, and declare I will no longer care that my wardrobe ranges from a size UK6 to a UK14. I am MYSIZE....in jazzy monochrome :)





Black Jumper - H&M £19.99
Graphic Trousers - H&M £5
Deena & Ozzy Boots - Urban Outfitters £20
Gold Chain - Me Nain's (grandma)


3 comments:

  1. I love this post!!
    I have to totally agree with you though we shouldn't not buy something because they don't fit us.. I am definitely guilty of this though... I bought a pair of grey denim hot pants from forever 21 the other day.... I tried a 28 on after work and they were a bit tight... I then picked up the 29 and thought they would be fine.... BUT NO! They don't fit... Which means I need a 30 or 31 which I refuse to do! Sooooo I am going to jazz them up and have them as my motivation to loose weight... they will be nice and pretty waiting for me in my wardrobe... & I'll have to loose the weight before gems go out of fashion xx

    living-in-a-fashion-world.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Don't give into the tiny label Katie!! you are stronger than that label! Get the larger size! Although...I'm pretty sure you're okay for the gem trend for now. It is christmas however, and noone should attempt weight loss around christmas time!x

      Delete
  2. Love your trousers!! Awesome outfit.

    x Angie

    ReplyDelete